Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Limited Vacation Days Stink!

We made a super quick trip north this past weekend to visit my family. We really only got to spend one day with them since we didn’t get there until midnight Friday and had to leave at 9 Sunday morning. We had a big family dinner on Saturday night and went for a hayride after. Scott and Kaleb really enjoyed that. Lucas is deathly afraid of Brian. We can’t figure out why. He is all smiles until he looks at Brian and then he instantly starts crying. It will be interesting to see if he acts the same when we see him at Christmastime.

We watched Heroes again this week. It is a strange show. Just keeps bringing up questions and giving no answers. Kind of like Lost – which is on tonight.

I just finished reading Cape Light. It was pretty good - a wholesome, small town story. It is the first in a series by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer. I won the second one on eBay and wish it would get here soon. I don't really want to start something else, and I hate to be bookless! :o)

Only 10 days until we leave on vacation!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Misty,
Been wondering what yawl been up to and meant to call. I've been out of town too...storytelling festival in Tenn. with 2 friends over R nite,F,S and home Sun. We had a blast up in the COOOOL Tenn. mountains and heard some terrific tellin' . I would love to go again sometime.. & maybe you could come along with us next year? SO, what's up with Lucas. I started to say Bri was just too tall..but with the genes in both our families..that cannot be the case...he is used to it I imagine. Bri isn't "mooing' at him is he? That used to freak my cats eveytime he tried it with them.
I know yawl are getting excited about your trip...send me some photos and have a really good time. Take care and hope both are doing really well. Thinking about you. Love ya, PW "mom"