Monday, October 16, 2006

Laundry Soap

One of my internet friends mentioned that she makes her own laundry soap, so I thought I’d give it a try yesterday. Brian thinks I’m nuts, but such is life. :o) The recipe is here. It was really easy to do. The hardest part was grating the bar of soap. I grated the whole bar which is enough for 3 batches, so I won’t have to do it again for a while. I haven’t used any yet because it needs to set for 24 hours. I will try it out tonight. If it works well, it will be a big cost savings.

Saturday we had free tickets to The Great Georgia Airshow in Peachtree City. They were free because Brian actually knows the right people. I guess he’s good for something. ;o) The weather was perfect, but we didn’t stay for the whole day. The flying was better last year.

It got downright chilly Saturday evening so we lit our fireplace for the very first time. We moved into our house in February and there weren’t too many wintry days left. We also didn’t have any wood but, thanks to my friend ThuyAnh, we have a whole rack of free wood for this winter. I really think we are really going to enjoy having a wood burning fireplace again.

I am SO sick of Peter on The Amazing Race. “C’mon Sarah, C’mon Sarah.” Argh!! He’s not a nice person either. I still like the Cho brothers. I also like the new twist to the non-elimination rounds. Taking the teams money away and forcing them to beg always seemed strange to me. I just didn’t think it looked right for the “rich Americans” to be begging in third-world countries.

5 days left ‘til vacation!!! YeeHaw!!

No comments: