Misty tagged me with this Kitchen questionnaire so here goes... (I don't know what happened to 3 and 6.)
1. How many meals does most of your family eat at home each week? How many are in your family?
There are only 2 in my family. We both work full time, so lunches are never at home. We usually eat out at least once during the week and at least twice on the weekends. We eat out entirely too much.
2. How many cookbooks do you own? How often do you refer to a cookbook each week?
Too many to count! I refer to a cookbook a couple times a month.
4. Do you collect recipes from other sources?
I subscribe to Taste of Home and Weight Watchers magazines. Sometimes I will find a recipe in one of those that I try.
5. How do you store those recipes?
Since we moved I haven't figured that out. Before I kept them in the hutch in the dining room
7. Is there a particular ethnic style or flavor that predominates in your cooking? If so, what is it?
Not really. Quick and easy is usually the key.
8. What's your favorite kitchen task related to meal planning and preparation?
I like the actual preparation.
9. What's your least favorite part?
Cleaning up... dishes, pans, etc.
10. Do you plan menus before you shop?
I try to, but it usually backfires. I will plan and then something will come up and we'll end up going out and never making the meal.
11. What are your three favorite kitchen tools or appliances?
My FoodSaver, my double oven range, and my quiet dishwasher.
12. If you could buy one new thing for your kitchen, money was no object, and space not an issue, what would you most like to have?
Maybe this refrigerator.
13. Since money and space probably are objects, what are you most likely to buy next?
More shelves for my pantry and a stainless steel sink.
14. Do you have a separate freezer for storage?
Yes. It's a small one, but it works for the two of us.
15. Grocery shop alone or with others?
Brian usually goes with me.
16. How many meatless main dish meals do you fix in a week?
None... isn't meat a requirement?? :o)
17. If you have a decorating theme in your kitchen, what is it?
We just moved so I don't have a theme yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
18. What's the first thing you ever learned to cook, and how old were you?
Gosh, I have no idea. I've been cooking/baking as long as I can remember.
19. How did you learn to cook?
My mom's a good cook and she taught me. I also was in 4-H foods for 10 years.
20. Tag two other people to play.
I don't know that two people (who also blog) even read my blog. I will tag Zoe and Charity. (Misty, I have to mooch off your friends.)
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just thought I'd let you know that I read your blog and enjoyed it! I got to your site from Misty's, following along people who got tagged with the kitchen questionnaire. Nice to meet you!
Post a Comment