Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Photos, TiVo, and New Words

The 3-Day pictures are now posted on the website. I'm not in any of them. I am a little disappointed that there are only 45 total. You would think with nearly 3000 people over 3 days they would have taken more. I guess my in-laws weren't in charge of the photos. If they were, there would've been 4500. Can't go visit without getting your picture "made" at least a dozen times. :o) I, on the other hand, still have an unfinished film in my camera that I started in January.
We got TiVo on Saturday. (Yes, Denise, I finally wore Brian down.) I haven't had a chance to play with it a whole lot yet. Wish it could do a few more things than it does. It thinks I'm bilingual... It recorded a Spanish soap opera that it thought I might like. Hablo Espanol un poco, nada mas. (Maybe I need to brush up on my Spanish.)
Just got back from a girls' night out with Misty. We just had dinner at Applebee's and caught up on each other's lives. We should do that more often.
Our house still looks the same as below. I went to check on it last night. I think they did run the lines to the septic though. When we were there on Sunday, there was a pile of tubing next to the foundation. Now it's gone, so I'm assuming it's in the ground. Not sure how all of that works anyway. Both of our other houses were on the city sewer line, and it really wasn't much of my concern when I still lived with my parents.
Today I decided I would like to increase my vocabulary, so I am going to try to learn a new word each day. (Yes, I already know I'm a nerd.) I will include the new word each time I post. Who knows... maybe some day one of us will be on Jeopardy and need to know what an Argus is. (I'd rather be on Wheel of Fortune, but they still haven't called!)
Word of the Day
Argus - \AHR-gus\ - noun
1 : a hundred-eyed monster of Greek mythology
2 : a watchful guardian

3 comments:

Misty said...

It's on! It's in your sidebar. If you sign into stat counter you can probably change the look of it. Then if you have to copy and paste the html again you can see where I did it. It's toward the very bottom of your template.

Misty said...

OOPS! I am still logged on as YOU! LOL! You are commenting on your own blog! Good thing we have the same name.

Misty said...

WOW! 11 hits already! You go girl!