Friday, September 16, 2005

Survivor & A Mouse

Yesterday at work I noticed an odd smell coming from my desk drawers. It wasn't a good smell. It was definitely a bad smell. So, I decided to try to find the cause of it. I emptied out all three drawers smelling things as I took them out. I'm sure I looked a little goofy sniffing my steel toed shoes, but since I've only worn them once or twice, they still smell quite nice. When I had all the drawers empty, the smell was still there. I had a sneaking suspicion that it was something under the desk and it wasn't going to be pleasant. As I suspected, there was a dead (and stinky) mouse caught in a trap that I didn't even know was under there. Now, I may be a farm girl and all, but my dad was the one who always took care of the rodents. I wasn't going to touch it!! So Sherry came to my rescue and disposed of the stinky little guy. I sprayed lots of air freshener, and today my cube was stink-free!

Survivor... I'm so glad to see Steph is back. I was really rooting for her in Palau. I really doubt that she'll get very far this time though. Everyone knows she's too much of a threat. I wasn't surprised to see Jim voted off. I think he would have had a tough time competing with a bum arm. I was really surprised though to see all the guys struggling so much. Eleven miles - that's nothing. I plan on doing more than that tomorrow. Course it won't be through the jungle! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Misty, Just realized how to post on this thing. Too Cool. I have been enjoying catching up on your news and you are quite a splendid and interesting writer.
How about that #12...way to go Ryan. I was so excited... dancing around the living room, screaming, & watching those two Hoosier boys race...LW had to call me down more than once. (of course he's a Stewart man). I was so glad to see that boy win! Here I am at work today with my #12 socks, and earrings on...and my hat adorning my desk. Who will yawl be pulling for next year after Rusty's last call...I am fairly sure who you're rooting for right now! Go #2 (unless Ryan is winning of course). Sorry we missed visiting you last weekend...I would have loved to see your new home there in GA...but guess not under the circumstances of fleeing a hurricane. SO for that bit of better weather we were thankful.
Just hoping for a continued quiet season.
Still pulling for you & your big walk here the end of month. How many miles are you doing now? Way to go girl. Better run...trying to write a letter I guess...this is fun reading your site. Take care & all my best...PW