Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Stuff...

I visited my parents over the weekend and went to the big hometown festival. It's nothing spectacular, but it's my hometown. I think I've gone every year since I was born. There was the tractor rodeo that my dad heads up on Friday night, and then the parade of mostly firetrucks and tractors on Saturday. I got to play with my niece and nephews and see old friends from way back when. I had an elephant ear, pork tenderloin, and an apple dumpling. All of which are required eating when you visit the festival. I had trouble flying back on Sunday and had to wait until Monday to get back. It's great having airline privileges, but sometimes flying standby is a pain!

They have started to clear the land for our house. See below. We should be right on track to close in December or January which is what we're hoping for. I dread moving again, but it will be nice to be back in a house. Apartment life is for the birds!

Monday was weigh day at Weight Watchers. I lost 1.8 pounds!!! Even after my weekend of fairfood and not walking a lot. I thought I was doing pretty good until I watched The Biggest Loser last night. I was amazed that some of those people lost 20+ pounds in one week! I've always heard that slow weight loss is best, so I'll keep chugging along at my pace.

It doesn't look like I'm going to have houseguests this week. My inlaws live on the Carolina coast and thought they might have to head inland on account of Miss Ophelia. But I think they are going to ride it out. She doesn't seem to be too mean afterall.

Survivor starts tomorrow. Yippee!

No comments: