I walked more than 12 miles yesterday morning with Misty, and now I wonder why I agreed to do this walk in the first place. I have to figure out a way to prevent blisters on my two littlest toes on each foot. I think I can make it through the first day without incident if I can do that. As for the next two days... who knows. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be. As Misty says, "I've got a hitch in my giddyup!" And sleeping on the ground in a tent may not make for a pleasant night's sleep. Hopefully someone will pull me out of my tent and give me a swift kick in the pants to get me going on days two and three!!
Still no progress on our house. I think we're waiting for the building permit to be approved by the county. And we all know how fast government offices are. We have been appliance shopping though. We are hoping there will be some good Labor Day sales next weekend.
Katrina... It looks like we aren't going to see too much of her nastiness here in Georgia. After she wipes New Orleans off of the map, it looks like she will continue northeast, but not this far east. Good! We had enough rain with Emily and Dennis. I think this may be the wettest summer on record for the Atlanta area.
Tomorrow is weigh-in day at Weight Watchers. I think I've done pretty good this week. The weekend wasn't so great, but I'm hoping the walking will make up for some of it. I let you know the verdict tomorrow.
Sunday, August 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We don't have to miss Survivor if we can get to the hotel by 8:00 pm! Leave here at 7:00 and it will be just fine!:) Have you tried Body Glide or Vaseline on your toes? Maybe Saturday (when we walk again) you should try that. I used it on my toes last Saturday and I didn't get any blisters. But I didn't use it on my entire foot.
Post a Comment